BY MIMI (SEMESTER/CLASS VII.C)
Thank to Allah SWT who have given easy to researcher so that researcher can be finished this paper. Researcher knowed that paper this still many wrong and far from the perfect, therefore, researcher hoped critic and suggestion which built.
A.Back Ground at the Study
Experience is the best teacher for someone, this experience contain meaning that someone can be learning from it. In this paper researcher writed about experience during do research in Sobang . many experience and knowing which can in Sobang , such as knowing about the culture which there, and the activity.
Which do by people at Sobang. And many other who researcher found during it. Sobang have the culture which still natural and place far from the city and then around sobang have many mounts. Sobang good for a research.
B. Research Objective
Research Objective this purpose for improving knowed as:
1. More knowing the culture which there is in Banten
2. Knowing fee activity which there is in sobang an many
3. Knowing the activity the people village in sobang
C. Research Bineftt
Research Binefit as:
1. Add knowing obout the culture in banten aspecialy in sobang
2. More to ricognice the culture etc.
D. Definition of Culture
Culture (from the Latin culture stemming from colere, meaning “to cultivate”) is a term that has various meanings. For example, in 1952, Alfred Kroeber and Clyde Kktcknohn compiled a list of 164 definitions of “culture” in Culture: A Critical Review of Concepts and Definitions. However, the word “culture” is most commonly used in three basic senses:
1. Excellence of taste in the fine arts and humanities, also known as
2. An integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior
that depends upon the capacity for symbolic thought and social
3. The set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution, organization or group Culture is a term used by social scientists for a people’s whole way of life, In everyday conversation the word ‘culture’ may refer to activities in such fields as art, literature, and music- But to social scientists, a people’s culture consists of all the ideas, objects, and ways of doing things created by the group. Culture includes arts, beliefs, customs, inventions, language, technology and traditions. The term ‘civilization1 is similar, but it refers mostly to scientifically more advanced ways of life. A culture is any way of life, simple or complex.
Culture consists of learned ways of acting, feeling and thinking, rather than biologically determined ways, The British anthropologist Sir Edward Burnett Tylor defined culture as “mat complex whole which includes knowledge, belief, art, morals, law, custom and any other capabilities and habits acquired by man as a member of society,” Tylor’s definition includes three of the most important characteristics of culture: (1) Culture is acquired by people. (2) A person acquires culture as a member of society. (3) Culture is a complex whole.
Culture is acquired by people because it consists of learned patterns of behavior rather than the biologically determined ones that are sometimes called instinctive. Culture is a complex whole that social scientists can break down into simple units called ‘cultural traits.’ A trait may be a custom, such as burial of the dead; a device, such as a plow; a gesture, such as a handshake; or and idea, such as democracy.
What are basic elements of all cultures? All cultures have features that result from basic needs shared by all people. Every culture has methods of obtaining food and shelter. Every culture has ways to protect itself against invaders. It also has family relationships including forms of marriage and systems of kinship. A culture has religious beliefs and a set of practices to express them. All societies have forms of artistic expression such as carving, painting and music. In addition, all cultures have some type of scientific knowledge. This knowledge may be folklore about the plants people eat and the animals they hunt, or it may be a highly developed science.
E. Culture in Sobang
Sobang is one of place in banian, there is Rangkasbitung city at desa sindanglaya, kampung pasir eurih, kabupaten sobang. It is famous with the culture which natural and round it have many mounts, between mounts there are bankong mount, batok mount and many other mount. Sobang very far from the city so that the people seldom which went to the city . almost the people there worked as farmer. Result from it is gula area, golok. In sobang there is also mention kasepuhan , kasepuhan is someone hwo believe by the people there. Place for all information. House in kampong eurih made from wood and the roop from aren leave. Water which in they houses from mount with helped a thing so that rater until they homes.